1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2012 6:30 PM by historicalshavlikemployee

Patch APSB12-17 "hangs" and does not install. Anyone know how to get this patch installed?

Master
      I'm trying to install the APSB12-17 patch on a Windows XP SP3 box. I don't get any errors but the current patch status in Shavlik shows "Executing" and stays that way for hours. How do I get this patch installed?
        • 1. Re: Patch APSB12-17 "hangs" and does not install. Anyone know how to get this patch installed?
          Master
          The status displayed by the console (i.e. 'executing') is dependent upon the target machine. During a deployment, the target machine periodically send status update messages to the console. If this communication is failing, or the deployment was aborted or hung (often due to a failure of the patch installation which does not correctly return control to the deployment job), the console will not receive further status updates.

Re-scanning the target machine should provide an accurate indication of the current status. If the update is failing to install, it may also be helpful to manually execute the update on the target in order to identify the cause of the failure (being as deployments via Protect will execute the updates in silent mode, you will not see verbose details displayed on the target).

If you are still unable to identify and resolve the issue, we would urge you to contact Support directly for further assistance.