1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2012 5:36 PM by historicalshavlikemployee

Shavlik Netchk Protect 7.8 - new updates not showing in patch group

Master
      I have selected all of my hosts/patches and downloaded any new updates.  When i go into the patch group and select add patch, any new MS patches since MS12-028 are not listed.  Any help appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Shavlik Netchk Protect 7.8 - new updates not showing in patch group
          Master
          The first thing you should check is to see if your patch definitions are up to date. Go into Protect > Help > About > Version Info. Check the version on the patch assessment and patch deployment datafiles. They should be up to 2.0.0.2052 as of today.

To update your definitions it should be as simple as running Help > Refresh Files in the Protect console.

You can also manually check the datafiles to see what the last date modified is for the files. They are located in the following directory (based on OS):
          For Win7/2008: C:ProgramDataShavlik TechnologiesNetChkDataFiles
          For WinXP/2003: C:Documents & SettingsAll UsersApplication DataShavlik TechnologiesNetChkDataFiles

Check the last modified date on the hf7b.xml and pd5.xml. Currently they should both show 6/19/2012.

If you've run Help > Refresh Files and it still is showing these as an older date you may have a network issue or file caching problem.