1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 30, 2012 5:01 PM by historicalshavlikemployee

Windows 7 Ultimate & VVPEP Error - Could not connect to remote machine via ICMP.  !!!!

Master
      All W7 firewalls are turned off; the PEP computer is able to ping the target, scan the target and deploy the patches; the patches just sit in a "Scheduled" state, forever!  

When I run the "Test Patch Deployment" wizard, the only error I get is "Could not connect remotemachine via ICMP. The machine may be off the network, turned off, or a network cable is unplugged." 

Any help/advice on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Rob

• 1. Re: Windows 7 Ultimate & VVPEP Error - Could not connect to remote machine via ICMP.  !!!!
          Master
          When the deployment is scheduled with the target machine, and the console indicates that the deployment was scheduled successfully, the target machine takes over processing the deployment job (e.g. the target machine's 'Shavlik Remote Scheduler Service'). As the deployment job is processed, the target machine will periodically send updates to the console machine via TCP3121.

If you are not seeing any status updates on the console machine (i.e. the status is still 'scheduled'), this would seem to indicate that the status updates are either not being sent by the target machine (such as the case might be if the deployment job failed for some reason), or are not being received by the console (such as the case might be if the target machine is unable to route to the console, or if the console is blocking TCP3121 incoming).

If you require additional assistance resolving this issue, we would urge you to contact support directly so that we may assist in generating and analyzing log data.