1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 6:41 PM by historicalshavlikemployee

Show all machines in OU in the machine view after security patch scanning?

Master
      I have some OU's that have machines in them, some of which I know were not on when I did a security patch scan.

This ends up showing me in the machine view all machines that were reached, is there anyway to have it give me a list of all machines?
      (so I can see all checkin and patch information even if the machine was not reachable or off.-or if it never has checked in-)

It's showing 71 computers when I have 100ish computers in that OU. (I played with the smart filter dropdown some showed less than the 71, none showed over 100)
        • 1. Re: Show all machines in OU in the machine view after security patch scanning?
          Master
          Machine View displays the most current scan and deployment data for every machine for which a scan record exists within your database. If a machine was never successfully scanned, there is no such record, and thus the machine will not be displayed within machine view.

Machine Groups do not contain machine records. Rather, machine groups use 'discovery filters'. A discovery filter indicates a method for discovering machines. A discovery filter for a given machine (e.g. IP address) can be added to multiple machine groups.

The Machine Group associated with a machine within Machine View is simply the Machine Group which was utilized for the scan record being displayed.