When launching the Scheduled Task Manager, the console machine should be selected by default. If the error is occuring at this point, there may be an issue with the scheduler service on the console machine. Ensure that the Shavlik Remote Scheduler service is started. If the issue persists, you can try rebuilding the scheduler service on the console machine, as outlined below.
If the issue is occuring when attempting to connect to the scheduler service on a remote machine, ensure that the Shavlik Remote Scheduler service is started on both the console machine, and on the target machine. Also ensure that TCP5120 is open to communications. If the issue persists, you can try rebuilding the scheduler service on the target machine, as follows:
1) From a command prompt, browse to the 'c:windowspropatchesscheduler' directory.
2) Execute the following command:
3) Delete the 'c:windowspropatches' directory.
4) Delete the following registry key(s):
32 bit - 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREShavlikScheduler'
64 bit - 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeShavlikScheduler'
5) Validate the 'Shavlik Remote Scheduler Service' isn't listed as a service.
If you are still experiencing issues, we would urge you to contact support directly so that we can obtain some further log files for analysis.