2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2012 8:27 AM by historicalshavlikcustomer

Java 6 update 31 will not install

Master
      Hi.
      I have normally had few problems installing Java updates through Shavlik (make sure users are logged off etc.), but update31 will not work on ANY of our windows7 PCs (Using Shavlik 8). Other patches are applied OK, but when I try the Java update I get lots of events in the event logs...

System log
      The Shavlik Remote Scheduler Service service is marked as an interactive service.  However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services.  This service may not function properly.

Checked on this forum and guess I can ignore this one(?). So on to the others..

Application log

The description for Event ID 8197 from source ShavlikPatchMgmt cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Stopping SQL
      The description for Event ID 8192 from source ShavlikPatchMgmt cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

MSSQLSERVER

Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:Windowssystem32configsystemprofileAppDataLocalLowSunJavajre1.6.0_31jre1.6.0_31.msi. Client Process Id: 2848.
      Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:Windowssystem32configsystemprofileAppDataLocalLowSunJavajre1.6.0_31jre1.6.0_31.msi. Client Process Id: 2848.
      The description for Event ID 8197 from source ShavlikPatchMgmt cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Starting SQL

The description for Event ID 8193 from source ShavlikPatchMgmt cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

MSSQLSERVER

I do not know how relevant this is, but anyway java update FAILS.

And ...logging on to a PC and applying a "normal" interactive update  works OK.
      Can someone help on this one?

Kind regards
      Erling