1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2012 6:27 PM by historicalshavlikemployee

Is there a way to exclude disabled or decommissioned machines from reports?

Master
      Machines are often decommissioned in my environment and in the reports I see hundreds of machines that do not existe in AD any more. Is there any way of seeing the current status excluding all machines that are disabled from AD or have been deleted? I only scan based on OUs.
        • 1. Re: Is there a way to exclude disabled or decommissioned machines from reports?
          Master
          When generating a report, you are querying data within the Protect database (rather than current domain information). You can certainly use the advanced filter to specify which records are included (e.g. specific scans) in the query. If you are reporting on current status, you will be including the most current records for every machine in the database. If records still exist for the machines no longer residing physically (or logically) within the environment, they will still be included in reports which reference those records (e.g. 'current status' reports).

The machines' records can be deleted from the database by selecting the machine in a refreshed Machine View, then choosing to delete from the alternate (right-click) menu. Old scan records can also be deleted via the 'Manage>Items' menu.