10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2011 1:59 PM by historicalshavlikemployee

.NET Runtime 4.0 Error Reporting

Master
      After the update to Shavlik NetChk Protect 8.7 all of the templates (default or ours) will crash Shavlik is you select is or try to edit it. The error in the eventlog wil show:

EventType clr20r3, P1 st.protect.exe, P2 7.8.0.0, P3 4d6d7042, P4 st.protect.forms, P5 7.8.0.0, P6 4d6d703e, P7 225b, P8 0, P9 system.invalidoperationexception, P10 NIL.

And

Application: ST.Protect.exe
      Framework Version: v4.0.30319
      Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
      Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
      Stack:
         at ST.Protect.Launcher.ApplicationThreadException(System.Object, System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(System.Exception)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
         at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
         at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
         at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
         at ST.Protect.Launcher.ExecuteMain()
         at ST.Protect.Launcher.ExecuteInMutex(System.Action, System.String)
         at ST.Protect.Launcher.Main()

Please advice how we can edit our templates again.

THx,
      Erik Leutscher

• 1. Re: .NET Runtime 4.0 Error Reporting
          Master
          If you create a new database (i.e. via the 'database setup tool', and using a unique name so as to not overwrite the existing database), do you still receive errors with templates? Which version was previously installed?
          • 2. Re: .NET Runtime 4.0 Error Reporting
            Master
            Dear Support,

Yes, if I create a new DB I can edit the templates. We used version 7.6 before.

Regards,
            Erik
            • 3. Re: .NET Runtime 4.0 Error Reporting
              Master
              Is this a local installation of SQL (e.g. installed on the same machine as the NetChk Protect console)? Which version of SQL is being used? Is this an Express edition? How large is the database?

Backup the database, then reconnect to the database using the database setup tool. From the 'Tools>Database maintenance' menu, purge any uneeded data, select 'Rebuild indexes', and choose 'Run now'. This may take some time to run, depending upon the size of the database. Once this has had a chance to complete, are you able to successfully edit the templates?
              • 4. Re: .NET Runtime 4.0 Error Reporting
                Master
                I am having the same issue.  Also when i startup Shavlik i get a message that "Shavlik NetChk Protect is missing core files".  Everytime.  I do the Try Recovering Files and it says it DL's them but then you go to run a scan on the local system and it dies at "#2. Import new definitions   The system cannot find the file specified"  Then i get the error that says "Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred and shavlik NetChk Protect must close to recover.  Depending on the configuration of your operating system a second dialog may be displayed that gives you the option to report this error and check online for a solution. ...."
                In the event viewer it says it is a .net error.
                • 5. Re: .NET Runtime 4.0 Error Reporting
                  Master
                  David13, this does not sound like the same issue. Which version of NetChk Protect (including build number please) are you using, and which operating system is installed on the console machine?
                  • 6. Re: .NET Runtime 4.0 Error Reporting
                    Master

I am running
                    Problem signature:
                      Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
                      Problem Signature 01: st.protect.exe
                      Problem Signature 02: 7.8.0.0
                      Problem Signature 03: 4d6d7042
                      Problem Signature 04: ST.NativeWrappers
                      Problem Signature 05: 7.8.0.0
                      Problem Signature 06: 4d6d6ef7
                      Problem Signature 07: d2
                      Problem Signature 08: 72
                      Problem Signature 09: System.AggregateException
                      OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.274.10
                      Locale ID: 1033
                      Additional Information 1: 0a9e
                      Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
                      Additional Information 3: 0a9e
                      Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

• 7. Re: .NET Runtime 4.0 Error Reporting
                      Master

David13, my suspicion is that the correct files are not being downloaded. You may want to ensure that there is not something that is blocking the download or serving cached files.

You can rebuild the core files as follows:

Stop the Shavlik Console Service, then navigate to the data files directory, as follows (depending upon operating system):

[root]Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataShavlik TechnologiesNetChkDataFiles

[root]ProgramDataShavlik TechnologiesNetChkDataFiles

Delete any files with the following extensions:

.xml
                      .cab
                      .tmp
                      .msi

Start the Shavlik Console Service, then launch NetChk Protect. The core file recovery should download the necessary files. If you still have the same issue, it may be best to contact support so that we can obtain some log files in order to further investigate.

• 8. Re: .NET Runtime 4.0 Error Reporting
                        Master
                        No, error stays after I did the steps: Backup the database, then reconnect to the database using the database setup tool. From the 'Tools>Database maintenance' menu, purge any uneeded data, select 'Rebuild indexes', and choose 'Run now'.

To answer your quiestions:
                        It is a local installation of SQL, It is SQL Server (not MSDE) 2005 (Version 9.00.2047.00), the size of the DB is 276.37 MB.

Regardsm

Erik

• 9. Re: .NET Runtime 4.0 Error Reporting
                          Master
                          Error messages are:

Application: ST.Protect.exe
                          Framework Version: v4.0.30319
                          Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
                          Exception Info: System.AggregateException
                          Stack:
                             at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()

And:

EventType clr20r3, P1 st.protect.exe, P2 7.8.0.0, P3 4d6d7042, P4 st.protect.forms, P5 7.8.0.0, P6 4d6d703e, P7 225b, P8 0, P9 system.aggregateexception, P10 NIL.
                          • 10. Re: .NET Runtime 4.0 Error Reporting
                            Master
                            It certainly sounds like there is some database corruption. I would recommend opening a support case so that we can obtain some log files, and perhaps a copy of the database.