1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 20, 2011 5:06 PM by historicalshavlikemployee

Shavlik NetPT agents installed on some Windows 2000 Pro PC's

Master
      Shavlik NetPT agents installed on some Windows 2000 Pro PC's that will perform as designed for most all funtions but will not report Threat Scan Data. They will install, update Threat Data, Start a scan, but never complete the scan and report Patch Scan Status. The STAgentUpdater.log file reports this error

CheckIn.cpp:530 Error: 'class STWin32::CWin32Exception at MailSlotClient.cpp:32: Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.' sending policy update notification to STAgentUI-FWUpdate-55226DD5-7F2A-4389-9040-A82D4DB90E7F

I have it installed to other Windows 2k, and XP, 2kSvr machines with no problems. I have uninstalled, re-installed..used Full and Limited Control Policies with negative results. Agents continue to update Threat Definitions with no problems and checkin regularly, but no Threat Status. Same results under admin user accounts as well as restricted users.

Shavlik NetPT 7.6
      Windows 2k Pro fully patched
      Shavlik Netchk 7.6 with no Patch Agents installed to clients

Please advise
        • 1. Re: Shavlik NetPT agents installed on some Windows 2000 Pro PC's
          Master
           I would suggest opening a support case on this one.  The error you are receiving is due to the Agent UI being open under multiple sessions.  There is likely more in the logs that will point us to why you are not getting the threat scan data to the console.  

Make sure your agent policy is set to verbose logging.  Kick off a threat task, like an ad hoc scan of a file or folder and send the agent logs into support with a link to this post.  This will give us what we need to troubleshoot further.

Support@shavlik.com

Thanks!