1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2010 12:18 PM by historicalshavlikemployee

Errors while publishing updates

Master
      When publishing updates, I get errors indicating that certain updates were not published.  Some because "The following x update(s) were not published because the content was not from a trusted source:"  and others because "The following x update(s) were not published due to an error during publishing to the update server". 

The UpdatePublisher.log indicates:  "Hash verification failed on content for update 'xxxxx'"  or "Exception occured during publishing:  Failed to sign package; error was 2147942403".  Other updates seem to publish without issue. 

For the updates that succeed, I see a folder with the updates' updateID in the WSUSUpdateServicesPackages folder on the WSUS server.  However for those that failed, the content does not appear to exist.  So, it appears that the content download was interrupted  cancelled  etc and the update state is inconsistent (content is not downloaded, but system thinks that it is, etc).

I have tried clearing the publishing flag and resyncing the Software Update Point from SCCM with no luck.  If I expire the updates that are generating the errors, the publishing errors go away, but, obviously, that doesn't allow me to use that update.

Any help would be appreciated!
      Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Errors while publishing updates
          Master
          [quote="e46916":1sshvoki][quote="Jason Miller (Shavlik)":1sshvoki][quote="e46916":1sshvoki]I am seeing the same errors publishing.  The strange thing is that some items were successfully published from the same source as being trusted, but some updates were not from a trusted source.[/quote:1sshvoki]

Vendors can be interesting when publishing their new patches.  We have seen patches from one product family have different vendor certificates.  When importing the updates, make sure to accept the vendor certificates for each update.[/quote:1sshvoki]

I am accepting the vendor certificates for each update and still getting the same results when publishing. I have tried the "Would you like to re-sign these updates if they already exist option, removing trusted vendors and going through the process again. End results have not changed.  I can send you screen captures and log files if you would like to see.[/quote:1sshvoki]

Hi! I have this same problem with Shockwave and Flash Player patches. Is there any solution for this (except removing all but the latest patch)?
          • 2. Re: Errors while publishing updates
            Master
            Please do so, send them toscupdates@shavlik.comand we will take a look at them.
            • 3. Re: Errors while publishing updates
              Master
              [quote="Jason Miller (Shavlik)":1hf3vnj3][quote="e46916":1hf3vnj3]I am seeing the same errors publishing.  The strange thing is that some items were successfully published from the same source as being trusted, but some updates were not from a trusted source.[/quote:1hf3vnj3]

Vendors can be interesting when publishing their new patches.  We have seen patches from one product family have different vendor certificates.  When importing the updates, make sure to accept the vendor certificates for each update.[/quote:1hf3vnj3]

I am accepting the vendor certificates for each update and still getting the same results when publishing. I have tried the "Would you like to re-sign these updates if they already exist option, removing trusted vendors and going through the process again. End results have not changed.  I can send you screen captures and log files if you would like to see.
              • 4. Re: Errors while publishing updates
                Master
                [quote="trimike72":8p7avrn6]Real Player 12.0.0.658, but I have a similar issue trying to re-publish Safari 4.0.2 and 4.0.4 (among others).  I want to republish them as expired so that they will show as expired in SCCM and will then subsequently age out of both WSUS and SCCM.  Without doing this, they continue to show as current patches in SCCM even though they have been superseded by a later update.[/quote:8p7avrn6]

It appears Real has updated their Real Player.  Like in the previous post, Real uses a static URL.  The version that is pulling down now is 12.0.0.756.  We are looking to add this and release for next week.

We are looking into your Safari publishing issues to make sure Apple did not repackage the installer (thus changing the file hash).

For updates that are stuck and cannot get them to expire, you might want to take a look at Jason Lewis's blog.  He shows how to manually remove expired/orphaned packages out of SCCM.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/jasonlewis/a ... dates.aspx
                • 5. Re: Errors while publishing updates
                  Master
                  [quote="e46916":1uvdypl4]I am seeing the same errors publishing.  The strange thing is that some items were successfully published from the same source as being trusted, but some updates were not from a trusted source.[/quote:1uvdypl4]

Vendors can be interesting when publishing their new patches.  We have seen patches from one product family have different vendor certificates.  When importing the updates, make sure to accept the vendor certificates for each update.
                  • 6. Re: Errors while publishing updates
                    Master
                    JohnDoh,

I spoke too soon.  I just checked the trail file on the website.  That file contains the old Flash player.  This will continue to cause the issues you are seeing.  I just updated the trial.  It contains the latest Flash player.  Please download that version and try again.

Thanks
                    • 7. Re: Errors while publishing updates
                      Master
                      [quote:lk0v42jo]Based on the earlier posts, I've re-downloaded the SCUPdates trial, but I've still got the same issue, does the Trial version need updating?[/quote:lk0v42jo]

Adobe Flash is an interesting product.  With SCUP, the URL and the hash of the file are saved and contained in the XML file from the SCUP editor.  In addition, Adobe updates their Adobe Flash installer but uses the same link over and over.  This is different from a Microsoft patch or a 3rd party like Firefox.  These patches each have their own URL for each version.

Each time Adobe updates Flash, the older versions of Flash will not publish.  This is because the URL stays the same, but the installers hash is different each time.  Please download the latest version of the trial that contains Adobe Flash 10.1.53.64.  This version should work just fine.
                      • 8. Re: Errors while publishing updates
                        Master
                        I am seeing the same errors publishing.  The strange thing is that some items were successfully published from the same source as being trusted, but some updates were not from a trusted source.
                        • 9. Re: Errors while publishing updates
                          Master
                          Real Player 12.0.0.658, but I have a similar issue trying to re-publish Safari 4.0.2 and 4.0.4 (among others).  I want to republish them as expired so that they will show as expired in SCCM and will then subsequently age out of both WSUS and SCCM.  Without doing this, they continue to show as current patches in SCCM even though they have been superseded by a later update.
                          • 10. Re: Errors while publishing updates
                            Master
                            [quote="JohnDoh":2q1kqt6h][quote="Doug Farrell (Shavlik)":2q1kqt6h][quote="Guest":2q1kqt6h]Re-publishing does not correct the issue.  I can see the file get downloaded (in a temp folder), but it doesn't get moved to the GUID named folder under WSUSUpdateServicesPackages (The folder does not exist and even if I create the folder manually, no change)[/quote:2q1kqt6h]

Which update is this throwing an error?[/quote:2q1kqt6h]

I'm getting this same error when attempting to use the SCUpdate trial, the update is Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2 for Internet Explorer:

Publish:  : --- Hash verification failed on content for update 'b410a414-65d2-430e-8dc9-4bcd4a391418'

Any suggestions?

Thanks[/quote:2q1kqt6h]

Based on the earlier posts, I've re-downloaded the SCUPdates trial, but I've still got the same issue, does the Trial version need updating?
                            • 11. Re: Errors while publishing updates
                              Master
                              [quote="Doug Farrell (Shavlik)":1gdmmvr9][quote="Guest":1gdmmvr9]Re-publishing does not correct the issue.  I can see the file get downloaded (in a temp folder), but it doesn't get moved to the GUID named folder under WSUSUpdateServicesPackages (The folder does not exist and even if I create the folder manually, no change)[/quote:1gdmmvr9]

Which update is this throwing an error?[/quote:1gdmmvr9]

I'm getting this same error when attempting to use the SCUpdate trial, the update is Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2 for Internet Explorer:

Publish:  : --- Hash verification failed on content for update 'b410a414-65d2-430e-8dc9-4bcd4a391418'

Any suggestions?

Thanks
                              • 12. Re: Errors while publishing updates
                                Master
                                [quote="Guest":14l60cy6]Re-publishing does not correct the issue.  I can see the file get downloaded (in a temp folder), but it doesn't get moved to the GUID named folder under WSUSUpdateServicesPackages (The folder does not exist and even if I create the folder manually, no change)[/quote:14l60cy6]

Which update is this throwing an error?
                                • 13. Re: Errors while publishing updates
                                  Master
                                  Re-publishing does not correct the issue.  I can see the file get downloaded (in a temp folder), but it doesn't get moved to the GUID named folder under WSUSUpdateServicesPackages (The folder does not exist and even if I create the folder manually, no change)
                                  • 14. Re: Errors while publishing updates
                                    Master
                                    Please check to see if your SCUP console under Settings>Advanced Tab then check the box Prompt for re-signing updates while publishing. Then try re-publishing the problem items.
                                    1 2 Previous Next