1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 27, 2018 8:00 AM by anthony.swanson

Scheduled Scan - No Results / Incomplete Results

MikeGolf299 Rookie

Hi All,

Hoping someone has came across this before and is fairly straight forward. I work for an MSP and run Ivanti on a number of estates of which this specific problem has shown on a number of them so its not isolated to 1 installation.

I try to run scheduled tasks where possible but randomly come across this problem,

ISSUE:

Schedule: 4x Recurring Scans, 4th sat of the Month @ 07:15:00, All Scans have an immediate Staging and Deployment Set.

Schedule.PNG

Scan Results: Scan's show as run but come back with Zero results and Displaying IncompleteResults

Scan_no_results.PNG

Incomplete_results.PNG

Logging:

The only Console Logging error I can see is the following: ST.TaskHost

2018-11-24T07:15:21.2083434Z 0008 E WorkItemCatalogDataDownload.cs:112|Error: File not downloaded: WindowsPatchData.zip

Error reason: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.: http://content.ivanti.com/data/WindowsPatchData.zip

Could this be an Error Due to 4 Jobs running at the same time conflicting with each other?

Any insights or additional information would be greatly appreciated.

i have not been able to isolate this to any singular cause.

Malachy

• 1. Re: Scheduled Scan - No Results / Incomplete Results
          anthony.swanson SupportEmployee

Hello Malachy,

Thank you for your post. This issue very much is likely due to the fact that there are quite a few tasks running at the exact same time. I would suggest spreading the start times out over about 30 minutes so that way each scan can get started and ultimately finish before another one does. This can allow the record to be created and imported to the database prior to another record and also avoid transaction issues during the data import.

Thanks,

Anthony