6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2018 7:06 AM by Eric.Cuthill

Ivanti uninstall scheduler

Simon771 Rookie

We are using Ivanti 9.3 version for our patch management, and I need to uninstall scheduler on about 200 machines.

Do I really have to do it one by one? When I select more servers, option for "View Schedules Tasks" is grayed out.

I do hope there is some way to uninstall Scheduler for all of those 200 servers at once ...

• 1. Re: Ivanti uninstall scheduler
          Eric.Cuthill SupportEmployee

Simon,

There are ways to remove the scheduler from multiple machines at once but it does depend on the scheduler itself working. If you are needing to remove the scheduler because it is not working the process will not work. I have included a document link below to our document on completely removing the scheduler from a single machine. This document also has a link to another document about removing the scheduler from multiple machines at once using a custom action.

How To: Uninstall & Reinstall The Shavlik (ST) Remote Scheduler Service On A Single Machine

Eric

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Ivanti uninstall scheduler
            Simon771 Rookie

Hello Eric,

Thanks a lot for provided details on how to remove scheduler from more machines at once.

Scheduler does somehow work right now, but the problem is because I had TLS 1.0 disabled for server on which Ivanti is installed. Because of that, any Windows Server 2008 R2 server won't give me feedback if updates were installed or not. It does intall updates, and reboot machine if I tell it to do so, but if I want to get feedback from those server, I have to uninstall sheduler and install it back again.

I guess that's because scheduler was installed before by Ivanti server with TLS 1.0 disabled, and it pushed "bad" config or something? No idea, just guessing about that.

Anyway, I tried this with 10 test machines so far, and it works. Will do it for the rest 150 tomorrow

Thanks for your help mate.

• 3. Re: Ivanti uninstall scheduler
              Simon771 Rookie

Hello Eric,

I managed to uninstall it from all clients that I wanted it to remove, but now I have another question.

After patch deployment was done, tasks are stuck at Deployment tracker, and I can't get rid of those. I tried to also remove it one by one, but no luck so far.

Is there any way to delete those "scheduled tasks" that are waiting there even if those were already done?

I had to remove some task names, machines names and IP addresses for security purposes.

• 4. Re: Ivanti uninstall scheduler

Simon,

The way to do this is to delete the whole deployment on the results list on the left side of our main screen. You will not be able to delete the original machines from the deployment just complete deployment. Right click on it and choose delete. This will also remove it from your reports.

Eric

• 5. Re: Ivanti uninstall scheduler
                  Simon771 Rookie

Hello Eric,

That was my first instinct to do, but right clicking on it, does nothing.

Just to be clear, we are talking about deleting it from "Operations Monitor" window right? Or do you mean from somewhere else. I tried to right click or select it and press delete, but nothing works. I tried that on "Standard(3)" that is shown in picture above.

Am I doing something wrong?

• 6. Re: Ivanti uninstall scheduler

Simon,

You are not able to delete anything from the operations monitor. You can only delete the whole deployment from the results list. That s where you will right click and choose delete. When you do this the item in the operations monitor remains but it will not have any machines listed in it.

Eric