4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2018 8:12 AM by anthony.swanson

Patch metadata out of date

jcurtin Rookie

I have an offline deployment of Patch for Windows that I am managing.  Currently I have several clients that have Google Chrome installed (v69.0.3497.100) and P4W is saying that they are missing the 69.0.3497.92 update (bulletin CHROME-234), which is an older version than what is installed.  I've looked in the list of patches and it does not list v69.0.3497.100 anywhere (should be bulletin CHROME-235).  I've gone over to our online server and performed a Refresh Files to download the latest patch data, and this update still does not show up.  Since the .100 update came out a month ago, I am now wondering what other updates have not been added to the patch files.  Is there a way to force the availability of these updates without having to create a custom patch?

• 1. Re: Patch metadata out of date
          anthony.swanson SupportEmployee

Hello,

Thank you for your post. We are aware that there is a new version of Google Chrome that was released on the 15th. The current estimate to have that released is in today's XML update. I'll update the thread once that new version is released.

Thanks,

Anthony

• 2. Re: Patch metadata out of date

Hello,

The new XML data is out and now contains the latest Chrome update. To get this new data, go to Help > Refresh Files. Now based on the statement you made of not seeing the patch previously, after refreshing your data, close and reopen Patch for Windows and then go back into View > Patches to find the latest Chrome patch (CHROME-236).

Thank you,

Anthony

• 3. Re: Patch metadata out of date
              jcurtin Rookie

Thank you Anthony, my online server is set to automatically pull down the latest XML data so it was already there when I logged in this morning.  Why was the CHROME-235 update never added?  I know it isn't needed anymore but it meant that we had to manually patch clients managed by our offline server and the console would tell us that they were missing the latest patch since they were already patched past the latest one in the console (CHROME-234).

• 4. Re: Patch metadata out of date

Hello,

The CHROME-235 patch indeed was added to our data, but based on your original post, you likely were facing a known display bug that affects the patch view where your data is up-to-date, but the view doesn't show all of the latest patches. This issue is being resolved in our next major release. If this happens again in the future, the current workaround is to close and reopen the console to force the view to refresh. Please see below as confirmation that the CHROME-235 update was in our data.

Thank you,

Anthony