3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2018 5:07 PM by anthony.swanson

Log Files

chelch Rookie

Currently using Patch for WIndows. have setup some IP ranges for a distribution server. Is there a specific log I can look at to see if the computer being patched is actually downloading the patches from the correct distribution server? If so where is that log located. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Log Files
          anthony.swanson SupportEmployee

Hello,

Thank you for your post. The log STDeploy.log in C:\Windows\Propatches\Logs is where you will see files being copied from a distribution server to the local machine.

Thank you,

Anthony

• 2. Re: Log Files
            chelch Rookie

Hi Anthony,

So I found that log and the only thing i can find related to a distribution server in the file is this...

2018-05-17T22:13:16.2522119Z 054c I STPackageDeployer.cpp:1036 Not using distribution servers. Not downloading patches

In the agent policy under "engine, data, and patch download location" i have it set to  use distribution server by agent IP range. Not sure what I am missing.

• 3. Re: Log Files
              anthony.swanson SupportEmployee

Hello,

Apologies for providing incorrect information. I was unaware based on your original post that you were using agents. The information I previously provided was for agentless operations.

For agent operations, the copying of files will be listed in the STAgentUpdater.log file found in C:\Programdata\Landesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs.

Thank you,

Anthony