6 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2018 11:54 AM by anthony.swanson

Cannot download engines.manifest.cab

Orlando013 Rookie

I'm trying to download the latest patches using the PowerShell script and the .xml file that my offline Console created. The patches do download with no issues or errors, with the exception of one file...the engines.manifest.cab file. The error it produces is "Failed: Error - System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. The full path of the script looks right to me and if I manually attempt to download the engines.manifest.cab file through a web browser I get the same error. Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

Full download path from PowerShell script: http://xml.shavlik.com/data/Patch/vd/doNOTDwnlDataFile/manifest/engines.manifest.cab

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Cannot download engines.manifest.cab
          anthony.swanson SupportEmployee

Hello,

Thank you for your post. It sounds like you might be using an older version of Powershell script. Can you try re-downloading the script in the document below and see if you still have issues?

How To: Download Content Data Files and Patches using the Download PowerShell Script

Thank you,

Anthony

• 2. Re: Cannot download engines.manifest.cab
            Orlando013 Rookie

Thank you for your quick response. However, the PowerShell script I just downloaded from that link is the same one I am currently using. Is it possible that it's "too early" to be downloading the DataFiles and Patches? The better question is, how do I know when Ivanti is ready to release the Patches to the public? I signed up for the webinars but there is no clear email notifying users that the patches are ready for download every month, unless I am missing something. Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Cannot download engines.manifest.cab

Hello,

There is no such thing really as downloading stuff to early. Our Datafiles can be technically downloaded at any point. As for patches, the only things that should download are ones that you have scanned as missing in your scan results and are listed in the exported CSV file.

Can you provide the command you're using when trying to download the datafiles? I downloaded a fresh copy of the script and don't see anything regarding an engines.manifest.cab file being downloaded, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from, but that shouldn't be happening.

As for when updates are released in our XML updates, you can either visit protect7.shavlik.com or use this link to register your email to get the notification emails.

Thank you,

Anthony

• 4. Re: Cannot download engines.manifest.cab
                Orlando013 Rookie

The command I'm using is: .\DownloadDisconnectedData.ps1 -outdir "C:\Ivanti\05102018 " -product "Patch" doNOTDwnlDataFile –downloadPackageInputFilePath "C:\Ivanti\XML Files\ea262288-f5a6-4004-9686-e5031da00da3.xml"

This is for Ivanti Patch for SCCM just to be clear on the product that I am using. The SCCM Console is on an Offline Network and I have not had any problems in previous months of patching. This just started this month. I am a little weak with PowerShell and scripting, so perhaps I may have messed up the command from last month, but I'm not sure anymore.

• 5. Re: Cannot download engines.manifest.cab
                  Orlando013 Rookie

I forgot to mention one more thing...I went back to the Offline SCCM Console and reproduced another .xml file just to make sure there wasn't any corruption in the first one, and my results were the same with that command above and the new .xml file. Thanks looking into this for me.

• 6. Re: Cannot download engines.manifest.cab

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. So there are definitely a few things wrong here. First are some syntax issues.

Your command to download the data files should look something like this: .\DownloadDisconnectedData.ps1 -outdir "C:\Ivanti\05102018 " -product "Patch" -version 23 -downloadPackageInputFilePath "C:\Ivanti\XML Files\ea262288-f5a6-4004-9686-e5031da00da3.xml"

The doNOTDwnlDataFile syntax is invalid and shouldn't be used. Also, when using the version, make sure that you either do 23 or 24 depending on the version of the plugin you're using.

Thank you,

Anthony