2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 8:14 AM by ceraphim

Patch for Windows Agent installation/Registration

ceraphim Rookie

Hello community,

I asked this question on "community.ivanit.com" but with no result or answer till now....

Recently we started to test the Ivanti Patch for Windows solution for our company and I got stuck during the registration process of an agent via command prompt.

I can install the agent manually, with the "STPlatformUpdater.exe" => double click > choose "...connection to the console" > fill out the form > choose the policy > and the installation/registration is done, everything is fine so far.

Now I'm trying to accomplish the same task over the command prompt. To do that, I used the following guides:

for the installation: Installing Agents Using A Manual Installation S...|Shavlik User Community

for the registration: Installing an Agent with No Policy Using a Manu...|Shavlik User Community

So I started the installation with the example form the first link. Customized the values and inserted the command.

STPlatformUpdater.exe /wi:"/qn /l*v install.log SERVERURI=https://XXX.XX.XX.XX:3121 POLICY=AgentPolicy_MyPolicy AUTHENTICATIONTYPE=PASSPHRASE PASSPHRASE=mysecret"

The agent got installed like
      described in the guide and I moved forward to the registration part.

Here again I used the
      example, customized the values, inserted the command BUT nothing happened.

STAgentManagement.exe-register -p silent=true -p authType=SharedPassphrase -p passphrase=mysecret -p serverURI="https://XXX.XX.XX.XX:3121" -p policy="AgentPolicy_MyPolicy"

In the log files I got no notification or error message, only:

Agent Registration Operation Log.

Created Freitag, 6. April 2018 11:47:42

I tried to change some of arguments in the command, executed the "STAgentManagement.exe" with the "-register" command only and tested some other commands (-list; -status, -monitor...) to see whether I get any result at all.

Most of the commands got executed but showed a plank list or "no tusk" notifications.

Now the question... what did I do wrong?

btw.

I checked the connection from console to agent and reverse - fine

I checked the name-resolution from both sides - fine too

And like I mention before, the manual installation/registration-process works fine as well

Thanks in advance for any advice.