3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2018 7:00 AM by cwinning

Produce a list of all machines that are part of a scheduled patch window

KierenMW Rookie

Hi all,

We are migrating from WSUS to Protect and I want to easily find out which machines have a patch schedule? I can't see any reports that easily reports on all machines that are a part of a patch schedule.

Thanks in advance.

Kieren

• 1. Re: Produce a list of all machines that are part of a scheduled patch window
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Assuming you are not using agents, Manage > Scheduled Console Tasks will list all of the scheduled jobs from the console. It will indicate which Machine or Machine Group you are scanning/deploying against.  You can view the Machine Group itself to see what machines are in it.

If using agents, the scan an deployments run on a schedule you dictate.  You can view the Agent Policy to see when the scan and deployments are scheduled to run.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Produce a list of all machines that are part of a scheduled patch window
            KierenMW Rookie

Charles,

Thank you for your response, I should of been clearer in my question.

I've seen the Schedule Console Task and I have been using it but there is no way I can see of exporting the list of schedule tasks.

From what i can understand It looks like a completely manual process to get the information I want:

- Take note of all the Schedule Tasks

- Then open every scheduled task then take note of the machine groups that make up that task.

- Then open every machine group and take note of the machines that make up that group.

I was hoping someone would know a less time consuming and manual process.Even if it was a query against the database itself.

Thanks again,

Kieren

• 3. Re: Produce a list of all machines that are part of a scheduled patch window
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Unfortunately, the scheduling information isn't located in the database, the console reads the Microsoft Scheduler for scheduled scans and the Ivanit\Microsoft scheduler for deployments scheduler on the targets. We don't have a method to query this outside of the UI.

Thank you,

Charles