6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2018 11:20 AM by cwinning

Failed to sign package; error was: 2147942421

FFC Rookie

In the past year or so this has worked fine. I get passes on all my sccm configuration checker except "An update can be successfully published as user 'domain\username'." The details of the error are "Failed to sign package; error was: 2147942421. Anyone have any idea what this error code could be? Tried to search on here and nothing came up...

• 1. Re: Failed to sign package; error was: 2147942421
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

This is a new error for me, nothing in memory, old cases or previous community posts.  A quick google of the Microsoft error Failed to sign package; error was: 2147942421 would indicate, well many possible issues.  Let's start with exactly what version of Patch for SCCM you are using.  You can find this information in the settings ares of the plugin.  Also, what version of SCCM are you running?

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Failed to sign package; error was: 2147942421
            FFC Rookie

Hi Charles,

I am currently using Ivanti Patch for SCCM 2.3.960.0 with SCCM build 1702.

The only thing I can think that's changed is I started up a new distribution point... I had a bit of a battle with configuring WSUS on that SUP to connect up so now I'm worried I broke something during configuration of that point. I will dig around on my SQL server/WSUS config for now.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Failed to sign package; error was: 2147942421
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

It could be a network share issue for the folder structure used to publish local content.  Open up a command prompt and run a net share to view all of the shared folders.  Do you see entries for UpdateServicesPackages and WsusContent?

Do they exist?

Was this location changed?

Does the folder structure exist?

Thanks,

Charles

• 4. Re: Failed to sign package; error was: 2147942421
                FFC Rookie

Sorry for the late response. I do see that the net share folders you specified still exist and are still accessible by the account attempting to run the batch job. Also tried another account and is accessible. Folder structure still in good standing

• 5. Re: Failed to sign package; error was: 2147942421
                  FFC Rookie

So I had an old backup of my SCCM MP/SUP/SQL server and I made a new VM out of that without the NIC attached, looked at the WSUS settings and nothing has changed between the two dates (one month ago, I verified Shavlik was working fine via autopublish.log so this snapshot is "good"). The WSUS content folders have not changed and the net shares are still up. Permissions look good and WSUS Administrator group is full control on folder and I'm using a user inside that admin group.

Any other ideas on what to check?

• 6. Re: Failed to sign package; error was: 2147942421
                    cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I think we've exhausted what can be accomplished through the community, I think it's time to open a case.  Reference this thread so I can be assigned the escalation if needed.

Thanks,

Charles