3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 7:47 AM by cwinning

Slow scanner with Windows Server 2016

DSICD01 Rookie

Hello everybody,

I have a problem following the instalaltion of Ivanti Patch for Windows on the Windows Server 2016 operating system.

My problem is that the PC scan lasts about 5 hours, and there are a lot of mistakes "201" "235" and "452" in the result.

To summarize the situation, the Ivanti console is mounted on a virtual machine using the Windows server OS 2016, it is integrated into the domain of the company.

This virtual machine is hosted on a physical server running on Windows 2012 STD, the virtualization is Hyper-V.

Can you help me find a solution to correct the slowness of the scan?

Is this a problem related to the FQDN? , since the virtual machine I PING correctly the name of the PC and its full name.

Looking forward to a help, thank you in advance.

Best regards

Thank Grégoire

• 1. Re: Slow scanner with Windows Server 2016
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

No known issues with slow scan times from Server 2016.

Are you stating a scan to a single server is taking 5 hours or are you scanning multiple servers? That scan time is fairly unheard of..

Are any of the target machines the target server located over a WAN, VPN or similar network connection?

Is this scan and deployment or just a scan alone?

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Slow scanner with Windows Server 2016
            DSICD01 Rookie

Hello
            I start a scan on PC groups about 300 computers per group, the majority of computers are in the LAN, and some in the WAN.
            The rise of the scane take 5 hours for a group of computers in a mixed LAN-WAN.
            Do you think the information lift slow scan Ivanti problem is related to the virtual machine?

Best regards

Thank Grégoire

• 3. Re: Slow scanner with Windows Server 2016
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Under powered VMs could cause slower scans, but 5 hours is on the extreme side. What are the specs of your console machines?

My guess is the machines located over the WAN are the cause of the scan taking 5 hours. The scan doesn't complete until all machines are scanned so a single WAN machine increase the time of the scan.  Are you able to split the WAN and LAN machines into different Machine Groups?  That would allow the machines on the LAN to scan faster.  For the WAN machines, I would suggest scanning a single machine and see who long it takes.  Performing a ping -t against the target machine (during the scan) and look at the MS latency.  This will tell us what to expect for these machines.  If a machine on the LAN with <1MS latency takes 5 minutes to scan then a higher latency will increase the scan.

Thanks,

Charles