It may be a permissions issue on the Db server. My last successful scan was on 9 Jan, other than the test after I went back to the December XML. Stand by...
Something to try instead of replacing the files in the location is to use a separate location and set the separate location up as a distribution server that you download the files from. The document linked below talks about this ins more detail but the simple steps will be here.
1) Create a folder in the root named Datafiles/patches
2) Copy your data to the new folder.
3) open the console and go to tools, options, then the distribution server tab
4) Click new
5) Name it import location
6) In the Client connection section UNC path box enter "\\localhost\c$\Datafiles"
7) Set the credential to One that has access to the machine/location.
8) Click save
9) go to the downloads tab
10) Set the Definition download source to Specific Distribution server
11) select the distribution server
12) Do the same for the patch and service pack download source.
13) Click save. Now click help and refresh files.
If this does not work you will want to open a case with support.
Yup, it's a database issue as well as a DC and DNS problem. We had to reinstall SQL and set up everything new. We still have connection issues, probably hanging around from the DC and DNS fallout.