4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2018 10:16 AM by danielkn

File verification failed

danielkn Rookie

Hello,

after creating a custom patch, i try to deploy the patch.

everytime i get a error: File verification failed.

I don´t find any problems in the logfiles.

Do you have any suggestions?

Kind regards

Daniel

• 1. Re: File verification failed
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Where do you see this error? Do you only see this error when deploying the custom patch? Do you have a screenshot?

Do you have Tools > Options > Logging set to All?  An error like this should be captured somewhere in the logs.  It's possible the error is from the client side too.  C:\Windows\ProPatches\Logs or C:\Windows\ProPatches\Staged\subfolder. 

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: File verification failed
            danielkn Rookie

Sorry for the german gui.

I set the logs to all but can´t find anything.

It seems the error appears bevor the file was copied. On the client there is no Staged folder or logfile generated.

• 3. Re: File verification failed
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Do you see a stdeploy.zip in the staged folder?  The text file in it may clue us in.

It's odd, we don't verify the digital signature of custom patches. Does a normal deployment to the target work or does it through the same error?  If I were to guess, the root certificates on the target are out of date and the verification is failing on a deployment files.  I've attached a PDF and zip file you can use to update the root certificate on the target.

Charles

• 4. Re: File verification failed
                danielkn Rookie

Hello,

a normal deployment is working fine without any error. Only the Custom Patch is not working. There is no staing folder created on the client.

Daniel