2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 4:39 AM by KierenMW

Keeping settings consistent when using User Role Assignment

KierenMW Rookie

I have configured User role Assignment in our environment because I don't want a single user account to be used by all users of the system (10 - 15 users). However I didn’t realise when I configured settings/ options in my profile that they are not set globally in the environment and inconsistencies are cropping up and causing at a per user level.

Is there any way to configure a default profile for all users? Meaning we have a consistent setup for each user that includes all the settings i have configured e.g Credential Manager, Internet Proxy settings e.t.c.

• 1. Re: Keeping settings consistent when using User Role Assignment
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Since credentials encrypted using the creators user profile, credentials cannot be shared between user.  Each user should create and maintain their own set of credentials in Manage > Credentials.

Although most important settings like Scan\Deployment Templates, Agent Policies etc are the available to all users, but of the Tools > Options settings may be per user.  Other than credentials, what other specific settings are not universal for your users?

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Keeping settings consistent when using User Role Assignment
            KierenMW Rookie

Hi,

The key one was the user credentials, which is a little annoying, but not the end of the world.

The option that seems not to have transferred was under Patch > Default Patch Scan template, I've created my own and set it as default, but has not transferred to other users,

Another odd one is the below, under Display > Language is set to Deutsch, when mine is set to English (United States):

Language.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Kieren