3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2017 1:00 PM by ddenning
      • 1. Re: JAVA8-151 Superseded?
        ddenning SupportEmployee

Hi,

Thank you for your question. Looking at the information pages for these updates, it looks like they came out about the same time and they address different vulnerabilities. Generally, a superseding update will address the same vulnerabilities as the superseded update and the third party vendor will also usually take down the superseded update once the superseding update is out.

Thanks!

David

• 2. Re: JAVA8-151 Superseded?
          JaspaJami Rookie

So. if i have distributed JAVA8-152, should i still distribute also JAVA8-151. I assumed that 152 also includes updates from 151.

• 3. Re: JAVA8-151 Superseded?
            ddenning SupportEmployee

Hi ,

Java8-152 does not superseded Java8-151. They each address different items - Java8-151 is a security only update and Java8-152 is a patch-set update.

All updates in Patch for SCCM are listed Security Updates.The two are separated by superseded rules between the security only and patch-set update. If you are wanting to only publish the security updates and not the patch-set update then you can use the Severity level to differentiate between the two, as the security only updates are listed as Critical while the patch-set updates are listed as Low or Unspecified.

Thanks!

David