4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2017 11:46 AM by john.lauritzen

windows 10 1709 patch deployment fail

sjreilly Rookie

Hi,

I have a new laptop running Win 10 1709 which I am unable to deploy to from Ivanti Patch 9.3.0 build 4440.

Previously with Win 10 I had to run the FIXMSSchedulerFolders script but when I run that script on this new laptop I get the Trace.log attached

Regards,

Steve

• 1. Re: windows 10 1709 patch deployment fail
          john.lauritzen SupportEmployee

Hello Steve,

With the problem you are seeing, when you attempt to deploy to the laptop on 1709, do you get any specific error messages or failures?

Also, you may want to consider upgrading your Ivanti Patch to 9.3.0 Build 4510, as there were several problems resolved as part of Update 1.

Thanks,

John

• 2. Re: windows 10 1709 patch deployment fail
            sjreilly Rookie

Hi John,

I have upgraded to 4510 and the problem persists.

The only message I get is "Failed" in the Operations Monitor window.

Viewing the error only gives "Error on machine <machine_name>: Failed

Unfortunately, this is the only built-from-scratch 1709 machine, all my others were already working with Ivanti before I upgraded to 1709.

Steve

• 3. Re: windows 10 1709 patch deployment fail
              sjreilly Rookie

Hi John,

Further. I have tried to run Test Patch Deployment on all the PCs in my office group of 40 PCs

I find that 16 of the 40 now fail to deploy the Test Patch.

These appear to be machines that have recently been updated with MS patches but are not all on 1709. Some are on 1703. And some that are on 1703 passed the Test Patch test.

What would you suggest I try?

Steve

• 4. Re: windows 10 1709 patch deployment fail
                john.lauritzen SupportEmployee

Hello Steve,

The best point to gather more information about the failures happening would be the logs on the systems where the deployments are failing. These logs can be found in C:\Windows\ProPatches\Logs on the systems, and will provide errors and indicate where the process is breaking down.

Thanks,

John