3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2017 9:42 AM by Eric.Cuthill

Unable to update WinZip through Shavlik via SCCM

DCSUser Rookie

Hi.

We have multiple versions of WinZip installed in servers in our environment (e.g. WinZip 16.0.9715 is on a server). When i deployed WinZip 21.5.12480, it is showing as compliant but actually it is not installed. The 32-bit version of the update is showing as required on '0' servers with which i understood that i need to deploy the x64 update only (which i did). Please let me know what else i should be doing here to install the latest WinZip update successfully.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Unable to update WinZip through Shavlik via SCCM
          Eric.Cuthill SupportEmployee

The application will patch within the major version that is installed. Only in a select few cases there are patches from the vendors that will patch to a newer major version. In your case the only patch that can be deployed to update your WinZip version from the one in your example will be 17.5.10562. In the Patch section of our application select the patch and in the details at the bottom scroll down you will note supersedence is on some patches and will list the versions that this patch will replace. 

• 2. Re: Unable to update WinZip through Shavlik via SCCM
            DCSUser Rookie

Thanks Eric for your response. Does it mean that i cannot apply the latest patch for WinZip even after updating to 17.5.10562?? WinZip goes to major version after one or two updates within a version which means we might need to install the newer version manually to patch from SCCM(via Ivanti). Can there be an update which upgrades the WinZip from an older version to the newer one directly. Some of the Adobe Updates, I could see this is enabled.  Please advise.

• 3. Re: Unable to update WinZip through Shavlik via SCCM
              Eric.Cuthill SupportEmployee

Correct that is the newest version that you would be able to update to using our setup. It would be best that when new versions are released and approved internally that the old version is removed and the new one is deployed if needed. I did test and verify that the installer from WinZip does update the older version to the newest but doing so may cause licensing issues with WinZip as licensing can be related to the particular version of WinZip. This is why we do not update to newer versions of WinZip any longer.