3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2017 1:53 PM by LouisS.

How do i take a q number and determine the vendor patch?

LouisS. Rookie

I have a list of q numbers that are approved but now i need to determine what the actual patch is to include the vendor patch name and reference number. I would rather not have to do these singly.

• 1. Re: How do i take a q number and determine the vendor patch?
          ddenning SupportEmployee

Hi Louis,

Thank you for posting your question.

If you have a list of q numbers, that will be enough to scan with. In Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers you can actually put the Q numbers in a text file, one per line, then import them as a patch group into the console as is mentioned here How To: Export and Import a Patch Group

If you are trying to research based off of a list of Q numbers to find the information about the patches, then you will need to search for them one by one in View > Patches. We don't have any way to automatically populate data on a list of Qnumbers based solely on that list. One workaround, however, would be to scan with a patch group of the Q numbers as is mentioned above and then the scan results would show all of the information about the patches.

Thanks!

David

• 2. Re: How do i take a q number and determine the vendor patch?
            LouisS. Rookie

Is there a master list of all the patches/packages that are available within the product that include the q number and the patch information? I can easily put the information into access and generate a report that contains the information associated with my list of q numbers that i have.

• 3. Re: How do i take a q number and determine the vendor patch?
              LouisS. Rookie

So the answer is that you can select patches, pull up all patches and then perform an export to csv from within shavlik. You can then import this "master" list into access and run a query of your q numbers against the "master" list. Got me down to 30 something q numbers that were not found in the shavlik tool but that is a delta i can deal with!!!