6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2018 2:08 PM by jfarrow

ACAS Support

jfarrow Rookie

I currently use the Federal version of Shavlik/Ivanti Patch in my company's network infrastructure. I was told that Ivanti was supposed to be introducing some sort of compatibility with ACAS this fall. I would like to see if there is any information regarding this feature that I can review.

• 1. Re: ACAS Support
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I'm not aware of anything specific to ACAS. Is it possible they were referring to our API and vulnerability scanners?  Do you know how mentioned this?

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: ACAS Support
            jfarrow Rookie

It is possible it was referring to the API. I was told by a man named Mark Hiatt, who is a Public Sector Security Sales representative for Ivanti. I have tried to gleen more information about this feature, but have been unsuccessful in doing so.

• 3. Re: ACAS Support
              jfarrow Rookie

I have not heard anything more regarding this issue. Would someone be able to assist me with this?

• 4. Re: ACAS Support
                cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I'm not exactly sure why I didn't see your responses, my apologies for missing them.  We've create solutions for Qualys and BeyondTrust vulnerability scanners nothing on ACAS yet.  Let me reach out to a product manager to see what is being worked on if anything.

Thanks,

Charles

• 5. Re: ACAS Support
                  chrisgoettl SupportEmployee

Hi jfarrow,

What Mark was referring to was the API feature set. This enables integration with many types of solutions and also opens the product up to allow scripting\automation.  The 9.3 release supports the type of integration you are looking for. A specific example for ACAS does not exist yet. We have been creating some examples based on feature request feedback. The examples are intended to give ideas to the community for creating other integrations with the API, but it is difficult to create one for every Vulnerability Management vendor our there.  So far we have published a Qualys and a BeyondTrust example.  We have a Rapid 7 example that is not yet published because it is pulling from a report instead of an API on the Rapid 7 side. 

Immediate possibility would be to use one of our examples and swap out the calls we make to Qualys or BeyondTrust with calls to ACAS instead, or submit a feature request to drive up priority for the next one we do.  No ETA on when we will turn out another at the moment.  Might be into Q2 as we are in some heavy integration sprints with an upcoming release.

Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers API integration with the Qualys vulnerability scanner 

Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers API integration with the BeyondTrust vulnerability scanner 

Regards,

Chris Goettl

Director, Product Management, Security

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: ACAS Support
                    jfarrow Rookie

Chris,

Understood, and thank you for the clarification. You can close or "Solve" this thread if you would like.

Joshua Farrow