2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2017 9:54 AM by danpalewis

CCleaner: Best way to scan & find what version each computer has?

danpalewis Rookie

Hey guys,

We just became aware of the issue regarding ccleaner 5.53 being a trojan. Better late than never I guess. While we're already scanning everything with antivirus, I was curious what the best method to scan for the software is. So far I have attempted to make a patch group solely scanning for Piriform CCleaner. I know that we can run a Software Scan Report, but I have to go through and ctrl+F every time to find what version is installed on the computers. The other reports simply tell me what computers have CCleaner and that it needs to be updated (not what the current version has).

I'm sure this is something simple that I'm overlooking. Can someone help me with this?

• 1. Re: CCleaner: Best way to scan & find what version each computer has?
          ddenning SupportEmployee

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your question.

I would recommend using our Machine Inventory report and using the advanced filter to check what products you are looking for (in this case all Ccleaner). This is not an asset report, but it reports the versions of software installed based on the patches installed on the client machines and therefore is pretty accurate.

Thanks!

David

• 2. Re: CCleaner: Best way to scan & find what version each computer has?
            danpalewis Rookie

Thanks Dave. So it looks like this half works, but I'm not sure if I like the output. I ran the scan on my latest scan, searching for all versions of CCleaner (1-5). Three computers came up, each on separate pages, and instead of giving me specific version numbers it only gives me something like "CCleaner 2 Gold" or "CCleaner 5 Gold".

Any ideas on 1) If I can get the computer names and version on one page, and 2) If they will show the full versions?

Thank you!