1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 25, 2017 5:42 AM by cwinning

I want to confirm Ivanti Patch for SCCM does not update major revisions of 3rd party applications

Jose@IU Rookie

Scenario:

Software XYZ is version 1.1.0. Ivanti will update it to XYZ 1.2.0. But Ivanti will NOT update it to XYZ 2.0.1.

I have tested and confirmed this behavior, but I wanted to double check with this community.

Sincerely,

Jose

• 1. Re: I want to confirm Ivanti Patch for SCCM does not update major revisions of 3rd party applications
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

This is a bit complicated.  We don't offer a major version upgrade until the lower version is no longer supported by the vendor.  For instance, Flash 11 has been pulled by Adobe so we offer a later major version of Flash.  You will see similar behavior with other 3rd party products, but there are always exceptions to this rule though.

• We do not update Microsoft products to newer versions.  This would mean we would not upgrade from SQL 2008 to SQL 2012 or Office 2003 to Office 2013.
          • We do offer version upgrades for Flash and some other 3rd party products.  One reason for this is some vendors release their products as new versions instead of patches like Microsoft does.  Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash will upgrade major version once the version installed is no longer supported by Adobe.

Although I cannot list all instances where this is or is not happening, I can answer questions on specific Products.

Thanks,

Charles