3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2017 6:27 AM by cwinning

Deploying patches fails

Antony_Bell Rookie

Hi,

I am trying to deploy a number of Windows Patches to a number of Windows 2008 Servers.  A number of the patches fail to deploy.  From what I can see the files copy to the server but fail to install.

If I look in the c:\windows\propatches\patches directory and try and install the patches it says that the update is not applicable for this computer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Antony

• 1. Re: Deploying patches fails
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Depending on settings, the patches located in C:\Windows\ProPatches\Patches could already be installed on the machine.  I would suggest manually deleting the patches in C:\Windows\ProPatches\Patches, restart the machine, scan the machine and attempt to install the patches.  Wait 3-4 minutes and verify the deployment folder was moved to C:\Windows\ProPatches\Installation, it will be dated.  This will tell you if the deployment was started.  If the deployment folder remains in the C:\Windows\ProPatches\Staged folder the job isn't starting. 

If the folder was moved to the \Installation folder then look in the C:\Windows\ProPatches\Logs folders for errors.

If it remained in the \Staged folder then look in the scheduler.log in the \Scheduler folder.  There could be an error pointing to a scheduler error.

You can attach them too, please zip.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Deploying patches fails
            Antony_Bell Rookie

I think this was my fault.  I must have been using an old patch scan to deploy patches against.

After the automated patch scan ran all servers came back saying patches have been deployed correctly.

Regards,

Antony

• 3. Re: Deploying patches fails
              cwinning CommunityTeam

No worries, glad it's all sorted. 

Thanks,

Charles