3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2017 6:23 AM by cwinning

I'm missing the log folders

Evansf Rookie

I accidentally deleted the log files from a workstatio...I tried renaming the Propatches folder and deploying a test patch, the Propatches recreated, but was missing the log folder and the installation folder.   Also, on some of the machines the log folder isn't updating...Please Help!!!

• 1. Re: I'm missing the log folders
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I will assume you are not using agents, the ProPatches folder isn't used for The ProPatches folder will be created with each deployment.  If this isn't happening, this would indicate the console isn't able to connect to the target machines to create the folder and copy files to it.  You should verify your credentials are valid and take a look at View > Deployment Tracker for that deployment and look for errors.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: I'm missing the log folders
            Evansf Rookie

Deployment tracker is stuck at scheduled...I've double-check the "Alias Editor" to make sure that the FQDN, IP, and DNS is correct...I've ran numerous test...This is version 9.2 and the patches copy to target, but never deploys...I've looked through every log that I can find.

• 3. Re: I'm missing the log folders
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

It's possible the deployment failing to schedule the job, it could even be port 3121 is blocked from the target machine to the console machine.  I would suggest opening a web case with support and include the following:

• From the target: The entire C:\Widows\ProPatches folder. (minus the \Patches sub-folder)
              • From the console server: All of the logs from C:\ProgramData\LANDESK\Shavlik Protect\Logs

Zip everything and attach to the case.  I'm they/we will be able to determine what the issue is.

Reference this thread in the case.

Thanks,

Charles