2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 6:29 PM by Codys26

Protect 9.3, editing a scheduled task issue

Codys26 Rookie

Hello,

In 9.3, when I edit a scheduled task, the "Do not schedule execution" bubble is selected instead of what should be selected.  I have set my patch deployment schedules to install the patch(es) immediately after staging. Even after rescheduling, I open the scheduled task and it reverts back to "Do not schedule execution".

Additionally, when viewing all console tasks, there is no indication whether the patches will be staged only or staged and installed.

• 1. Re: Protect 9.3, editing a scheduled task issue
          anthony.swanson SupportEmployee

Hello.

Thank you for your post today. This issue with the scheduled tasks is a known issue and we are working to resolve this and have it included in our next update of the console.

The key to making sure that your deployments are still running is to look at the Auto-Deploy column in Scheduled Console Tasks and as long it shows 'Yes', your scheduled task will still deploy patches once the scanning task is completed.

Thank you,

Anthony

• 2. Re: Protect 9.3, editing a scheduled task issue
            Codys26 Rookie

anthony.swanson wrote:

Hello.

Thank you for your post today. This issue with the scheduled tasks is a known issue and we are working to resolve this and have it included in our next update of the console.

The key to making sure that your deployments are still running is to look at the Auto-Deploy column in Scheduled Console Tasks and as long it shows 'Yes', your scheduled task will still deploy patches once the scanning task is completed.

Thank you,

Anthony

Hello,

I'm confused. How is that the key when that is the second part of the issue that i was reporting?

Cody Schweitzer wrote:

Additionally, when viewing all console tasks, there is no indication whether the patches will be staged only or staged and installed.

If I choose "Do Not schedule execution" when I create a scheduled task, it still show the Auto-Deploy column as "Yes".  I test this task, and files are copied to the target machine (staged) but are not executed, even though the Auto-Deploy column is     "Yes".

We had two scheduled tasks last week that did not deploy patches at the time we specified, only copied the files.  This caused issues because these deployments included SQL servers that needed to reboot prior to our application servers. We have 2000+ servers and we have deployments starting many times throughout the day depending on the server/application needs.  We can't babysit the console to verify each deployment is actually going to deploy and reboot with the deployment template we specified.

Is there an alternative way to find out this information for verification purposes since looking at the Scheduled Console Tasks is misleading?

Thanks!