1 Reply Latest reply on May 17, 2017 1:00 PM by cwinning

When i try to patch a server windows 2012R2 appears: Error on machine ´MACHINENAME´: Failed

Gilruiz Rookie

Good morning.

I try to patch a server whit windows 2012R2  and appears: Error on machine "MACHINENAME": Failed.

In the log only appears:

in the operations Monitor, View Errors i can see:

I try to put credentials in the Machine properties but it does not work either

thank you so much for your help.

Regards!

• 1. Re: When i try to patch a server windows 2012R2 appears: Error on machine ´MACHINENAME´: Failed
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Unfortunately, that's not enough to pinpoint the issue.  From what I can see, you were able to scan the target, you chose to deploy Q4012213,  the job was sent to the target, the scheduler started the job but something failed during the Execution.  As you can see from this document, Shavlik Protect 9.2 Deployment Process Workflow and Troubleshooting  deployment are rather complicated.  99% of all deployment issue require verbose logs from the Protect console machine and sometime from the target client.

If it's an issue with this 1 machine with 1 patch, I would remote to the target machine and attempt install the patch by hand.  It can be found in C:\Windows\ProPatches\Patches  This could tell you if it's an issue between the client and the update.  Like no disk space, already installed due reboot need or any other numerous possibilities.

Logs would go a long way to understand what is going on here. For this issue, we know the deployment at least started to run.  The logs for this would be on the client located here: C:\Windows\ProPatches\Logs.  You can either pop them open an look for errors or have support look at them for you.

That would be a good start,

Thanks,

Charles