4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 5:58 AM by cwinning

Shavlik Protect vs. The Forticlient

skillian Rookie

Hey guys,

We have recently deployed Forticlient as our endpoint security solution. Since that time I have been having issues patching any system with Shavlik. A deployment will complete successfully about 1/3 of the time. We have added AV exclusions per the document here: Antivirus Exclusions For Patch Deployments

The message I see in the STDeploy.log file on the clients when a deployment fails is this: 2017-03-06T19:24:52.2054266Z 0bd4 E STDeploy.cpp:254 Target machine remediation failed: error 32: class STWin32::CWin32Exception at File.cpp:104: Error 32: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

We have been working with Fortinet support but they have not been able to see anything specific in their logging. I have turned on advanced logging per the article here: How To: Collect Protect console, patch deployment and agent logs for troubleshooting but I am not sure what I am looking for. Can someone point me to the log file where I may be able to find more information about which process the error message above is referring to? Would someone be able to take a look at my Protect log files and give us some more information that we can provide to Fortinet? Thanks!