5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2017 10:09 AM by cwinning

Scheduled Reports

Thom.Turner Rookie

Hello,

I am looking to receive multiple reports every month based on the WUSCAN template. The reports will be based on different machine groups, in different domains each with its own credential.

1) I can get this kinda working for the domain that the console is in, however I can't see where ti set the patch scan template.

2) There is a "Set Scheduler Credential" button at the top of reports window but this is a global setting. Can I set individual report credentials?

3) How does the scheduled Scans / Agent less operations patch scans relate to reports? Do I need to set up a separate schedule scan then a separate scheduled report?

Many thanks.

• 1. Re: Scheduled Reports
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

The Schedule Report feature reports on the latest status of the machine based on the Scan Template last used to scan the machines.  In other words, latest state reporting. This can further modified by using the filtering tabs when setting up the scheduled reports.  If you want to see reports based on the WUScan Template then you must ensure this template was used before the reports are scheduled to be created and emailed.  My suggestion would be to schedule a monthly WUScan to be run before the scheduled report are scheduled to be sent out.

Another option is to schedule a monthly scan against a Machine Group(s) and setup the Email options in the Machine Group.  The report(s) would be sent after the scan is completed.

For the Set Scheduler Credentials:  These credentials are only used to start tasks, they are not used to authenticate to remote servers or perform any other task other than starting a task.  In order to succeed the scheduler credential must match the credential of the person logged on to the console when the schedule process is initiated. If you have more than one administrator, each administrator should set their own unique scheduler credential.  If all users are using the same service account to login, then that service account should be set.

In summary, All reports are based on a scan whether it is from the Protect server or from an agent.  You can either have reports sent immediately after a report using the Email options in the Machine Group, Scan Template or Deployment Templates, or you can schedule report using the Schedule Report feature to report on latest status.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Charles

• 2. Re: Scheduled Reports
            Thom.Turner Rookie

Hi Charles,

The schedule report feature sounds a little disjointed so I tried to schedule a monthly scan. This works for the domain where the Shavlik console is installed, but it does not when scanning other domains.

So I logged into the Shavlik console server as the Shavlik admin account from another domain.

I created that account as a credential

I scheduled a scan of the domain form which my logged in account was a member

But the email from the scheduled scan I received was still blank.

When I dont schedule a scan but run it immediately it works fine.

I can log a support case if you think.

Thanks,

Thom

• 3. Re: Scheduled Reports
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Since an immediate job works, but a scheduled fails I think the scan is failing due to not being able to decrypt credentials when the scheduled scan attempt to run.  Can you verify this?  Does the scheduled scan show good results?  This doc would help if it is true: Manual scans work, scheduled scans fail: Scheduler Credential

Support can definitely take a look at logs and pinpoint the issue pretty quickly.  I'm just giving you educated guesses. 

Thanks,

Charles

• 4. Re: Scheduled Reports
                Thom.Turner Rookie

Hi Charles,

The executive summary email ports the majority of servers as Accessed denied.

I will raise the support ticket.

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Scheduled Reports
                  cwinning CommunityTeam

OK Thom, let me know if you need anything from me.

Thanks,

Charles