The ST Remote Scheduler service will never start on the Protect console server, that normal. The Shavlik Protect Console service on the other hand does most of the work for Protect and this should always be running.
This is going to be difficult without Protect Console logs: How To: Collect Shavlik Protect - Ivanti Patch for Windows Servers console, patch deployment and agent logs
Off the top of my head...
- What version and build of Protect are you running? (Help > About)
- Has this ever worked?
- When was the last time this worked for you?
- Are you logging into the Protect server with your usual username?
- Did you enable FIPS on this server?
- Did you rename this server?
- Is another product using port 3121?
- Is the Shavlik Protect Console server running as System?
- Was the System locked down?
- Are you out of disk space?
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\LANDESK\Shavlik Protect\Console\, right click on the Arrivals folder and choose properties. How many total files do you have?
Below are the answers to your questions. Also where do I send the log files?
- What version and build of Protect are you running? (Help > About) - Standard 9.2.0 Build 4988
- Has this ever worked? Yes
- When was the last time this worked for you? A few days ago
- Are you logging into the Protect server with your usual username? Yes
- Did you enable FIPS on this server? No
- Did you rename this server? No
- Is another product using port 3121? Checked using 'Resource Monitor' and I didn't see anything using port '3121'. Protect was open at the time I checked.
- Is the Shavlik Protect Console server running as System? Not sure how to check this
- Was the System locked down?
- Are you out of disk space? No
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\LANDESK\Shavlik Protect\Console\, right click on the Arrivals folder and choose properties. How many total files do you have? 24 files - 60 folders
You should consider an upgrade to our latest build, there have been many fixes since the 4988 build was released. Most upgrades take less that 5 minutes and it could fix what you are seeing. What was fixed. Download Page.
Open a admin CMD prompt on the Protect server and run this command: netstat -ab > C:\netstat.txt
A text file called netstat.txt will be created on C:\, open it and search for 3121.
Do you see something similar to: TCP [::]:3121 cwinning2012R2:0 LISTENING
Type services.msc in CMD or Start > Run on the Protect server.
Is the Shavlik Protect Console Service running?
For logs, it's always difficult to know when to ask customer to attach them to their posts. I tend to request a case be opened so they can attach the logs without worrying about machine names and IP Addresses being available to whoever wants to see them. That may be our best course of action here if the upgrade to the latest version of Protect doesn't correct your issue. Support Portal You can include a link to this post and I will be assigned the escalation if needed.
The rest of the information provided looks good, nothing to be concerned about.
After performing the netstat command and viewing the text file I do not see anything for port 3121.
The Shavlik Protect Console Service is not running either. It is set to start automatically and I have tried to start it manually as well. It will start for a brief second and than go back to stopped.
I would suggestion opening a case with support.
Uninstall then re-install Protect, you will not lose any data or configuration and it should only take a few minutes. This could correct any corruption with the Protect install, fix certificate issues and port binding issues. Verify which database you are attached to, it could be local or a remote database. You will need know where the DB is during the install. Do this in Help > About in Protect, at the bottom.
Thanks Charles. I have un-installed and re-installed and I'm having the same issue. I will open a support ticket.
Thanks for your help!
OK Paul, I pinged the tech assigned the case and offered my assistance this morning. I'm sure I will be assigned the escalation engineer if the case needs to be escalated.
The fix was to remove all the files from C:\ProgramData\LANDESK\Shavlik Protect\Console\Arrivals on the Protect server.