1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 10:32 AM by cwinning

result file is duplicate or invalid

justin_ju Rookie

when schedule scan task finished, there is nothing in the result, I checked the event history, there is an error " result file is duplicate or invalid, moving to bad files"

Is there anyone has met this issue before? If yes, please share the solution with me, many thanks~

• 1. Re: result file is duplicate or invalid
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

We are going to require extensive logging and copies of these files, I would highly suggest open a case with support.  You could start by gathering logs:

1 Make sure logging is set to All in Tools > Options > Logging and then close the Protect GUI.

2 Stop the following services

a. Shavlik Protect Console Service

b. ST Remote Scheduler Service (In 9.2, the ST Remote Scheduler Service is no longer used on the console. You do not need to stop this service if using 9.2)

3 Delete all the logs from

a.  Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, Server 2008, Server 2012: C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs

b.  Earlier OS’s:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Logs

4 Start the console service and open the Protect GUI.

5 Attempt to reproduce the issue.  It may be a good idea to create a new Machine Group with a single machine in it.  Set credentials in the Machine Group and then schedule a scan to run 10 minutes into the future. Please document steps to reproduce.

a. Collect the logs from the Logs folder mentioned earlier in step 4 (please zip if possible)

b. You should also look for the duplicate result in C:\ProgramData\LANDESK\Shavlik Protect\Console\Arrivals\Patch\Xml\BadFiles  (zip)

c. Take a screenshot of the View > Event History screen showing the errors.

6 Zip and send all the logs.

Support Portal

Thanks,

Charles