3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 12:06 PM by ddenning

Shavlik Protect Reports Questions

MichaelR Rookie

I am having some difficult with Shavlik Reports and have several questions about its functionality I would like cleared up.

#1) Can a report be set to show that patches have been downloaded to a computer but the required reboot to complete the installation has not been conducted? 

#2) I have been attempting to get reports on a test machine I setup but all the reports show is NO DATA.  Any thoughts as to what is going on?

#3) For whatever reason when I schedule a report currently the the report runs as I can find the PDF or CSV or etc file in C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Shavlik Protect\Console\TempReports but the matching email never actually gets to the designated recipient; it worked two weeks before fine but not this evening.  What is more strange is if I do a patch scan of some target machine I can click on "send executive summary report" to that same recipient and that email arrives without issue.

Regards,

Michael

• 1. Re: Shavlik Protect Reports Questions
          ddenning SupportEmployee

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your questions.

1) The Deployment Status by Deployment and Deployment Status by Machine reports should show the information you are looking for. If a machine was supposed to reboot and did not reboot yet you would see "pending reboot" as the machine status.

2) Reports work off of the items that you can see in Manage > Items and View > Results including scans and deployments. Therefore, you will need to have deployment results for the machine before you can run a report on the deployments.

3) That is very odd. I would suggest creating a support case for this as logs and certain settings will need to be checked to see if we are not actually sending the information or it is being blocked by something in your environment.

Thanks!

David

• 2. Re: Shavlik Protect Reports Questions
            MichaelR Rookie

Thanks for the info on questions 1 and 2.

For whatever reason the issue went away between last week and today with sending reports via email.

Michael

• 3. Re: Shavlik Protect Reports Questions
              ddenning SupportEmployee

Hi Michael,

We are glad to hear that that helped!

Thanks!

David