1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2016 6:34 AM by cwinning

How to schedule Patch deployment to rescan after reboot and deploy until all patches have been deployed

Stephen.Cousins Rookie

Is there a way to configure a deployment to run the initial scan and deployment then rescan and deploy until all updates are applied. I seem to have VM's that require multiple reboots then rescans and deployments to complete the process. I am new to Protect so could be doing something wrong.

Thanks

Steve

• 1. Re: How to schedule Patch deployment to rescan after reboot and deploy until all patches have been deployed
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

A single scan and deployment will install patches detect missing and can be installed at the time of the scan.  A subsequent scan and deployment may be needed to clean up patches that required perquisite patches to be installed.  You would need to initiate (or schedule) a follow-up scan and deployment to clean up patches.  If you schedule a follow-up scan and deployment, I would suggest allowing 1-2 hours between the jobs to allow processing time.  The scenario you describe is less frequent once you get your systems caught up with patching.  One of the reasons why we don't allow automatic re-scan and re-deployment is it could cause machines to be stuck in a loop if there are issues installing specific patches on the target machine.

Thanks,

Charles