4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2017 4:55 AM by cwinning

Clear ?

makamajo Rookie

Hey!

Anyone know if there are any settings in the Shavlik to delete files ,on each
      server in the Patches directory (C:\\ windows\ProPatches\Patches) after they
      deploy?

Would be great, because it will grow much.

Regards /Maria

• 1. Re: Clear ?
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

You should use the Remove Temp Files options in the Deployment Template you are using for these deployments.  That will remove all %temp% files used during the deployment process.  Additional cleanup jobs will run to clean up additional files in the C:\Windows\ProPatches folders.  Specifically, patches are automatically deleted after 180 days after they are installed.  We plan on reducing the 180 days to a much lower number (3-7 days) or modifying the Remove Temp Files function to remove the patches after deployment in the upcoming release of Protect 9.3 Q1 of 2017.

I'll see what we can do through a Custom Action and respond with what I come up with.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Clear ?
            makamajo Rookie

Thanks!

/Maria

• 3. Re: Clear ?
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello Maria,

i wanted to let you know that I'm still working on the best method to remove the \Patch on demand.  I should have something soon.

Thanks,

Charles

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Clear ?
                cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

My apologies for the long delay, please see the following recently updated document:  How to: Delete patches from target machines using a Custom Action

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Charles