3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2016 5:59 AM by cwinning

multiple agent policies assigned to different computer groups

Rookie

Hi

we currently use shavlik protect 9.2 using agents on all our desktops and laptops. until now I have only had one agent policy I now need to have multiple agent polices which can be assigned to a particular group of machines.

how can this be achieved?

Thank you

Jason Scott 

• 1. Re: multiple agent policies assigned to different computer groups
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

I would suggest creating Machine Groups to group machines together that will have the same agent policy.  Name the Machine Group after the Agent Policy you wish to assign to the machines for easier tracking.  You can install agents with specific agent policies from the Machine Group by highlighting the machine in the lower pane and choosing to Install / Reinstall agent.

Thanks,

Charles

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: multiple agent policies assigned to different computer groups
            Rookie

Hi

I already have machine groups based on IP subnet and each group has been named with a site prefix. When I came to creating a new policy I noticed that you could not save the policy without deploying to the agents. how do you make sure that you only deploy the new agent policy to the desired target machines.

for example:

Standard_agent_policy is currently applied to all machines that have an agent.

I want to create a new agent policy that will only apply to site A how do I make sure that this only applies to site A

Thank you 

• 3. Re: multiple agent policies assigned to different computer groups
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Creating a new policy will not assign it to any of your machines so feel free to create your Agent Policies.  Modifying a policy will only update the policy on machines that already have it assigned to it.

As I said in my previous post, you would use the Machine Group that contain the specific machines for Site A to install the agent.  Doing so would install the agent with a specific Agent Policy to these machines. This is the best method to get a specific agent policy assigned to the correct machine.

Once installed, you can use View > Machines and look at the Assigned Agent Policy column to verify the agent has the correct policy.

Thanks,

Charles