3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2016 12:17 AM by UweGabbert

Update CSWU-039 not missing with agent

UweGabbert Rookie

Hallo,

all Machines used with Agent. the Patch is in the patchgroup for These agents. See:

Many machines Need this update. (See Windows Update). But Shavlik Protect say no patch Need:

How can I deploy this update with shavlik? I want no use Windows Update.

Thanks. Uwe

• 1. Re: Update CSWU-039 not missing with agent
          ddenning SupportEmployee

Hi Uwe,

Thank you for posting this question. This patch could be not detected as missing for one or more of the following reasons:

• The machines that you are scanning do not meet the operating system requirements. This patch is only applicable to Windows 10 and Server 2016.
          • According to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3197954  this update requires a prerequisite update so make sure that that Q3199986 is installed on the target machines. Please also note that Q3199986 is a non-security patch while the patch you are looking for is a security patch. So to install the pre-requisite patch you will need to put it in a patch group or enable scanning for non-security patches in your patch scan template.

Thanks!

David

• 2. Re: Update CSWU-039 not missing with agent
            UweGabbert Rookie

Hallo David,

The machines have Windows 10 and Q3199986.

NEW TEST:

I have a patchgroup "Computer" with this patch.

I have a scantemplate with all Products and Patchlevel (without userdefined Actions)

I have scan this machines from the console with my scantemplate. It found the missing update as requiered. GOOD.

The Agent on this machines with the same scantemplate run a patchscan and found nothing!!! BAD.

What can I do, that the Agent work?

Thanks Uwe

• 3. Re: Update CSWU-039 not missing with agent
              UweGabbert Rookie

Hallo,

I found the error.

I have deinstall the WSUS-Service from the Server with the console.

After this uninstall, the config of the IIS was wrong. I use this IIS as distributionserver for Shavlik Protect and any Clients can't poll the configuration and the updatefiles.

Now ist works.

1 of 1 people found this helpful