4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 7:49 AM by cwinning

Patch Download Error

brett.carl Rookie

I recently moved my patch download to a NetApp storage and have been running into some issues.

After updating the placement of downloaded patches to the new share, I ran the download manually but get the following error:

Error.PNG

I checked the netapp storage and there is no "Quota" per folder policy for Read/Write. There is also plenty of drive space on the share.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Patch Download Error
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

What type of file system is your NetApp  storage using? WAFL?

The usual suspect:

Important! If the directory resides on a network drive be sure to use the UNC naming convention; DO NOT SPECIFY A MAPPED DRIVE.

In order for this to work, appropriate permissions need to be set on the remote directory. Both the Shavlik Protect console user and the console machine need to be granted access to the download directory. The console user should have read/write permission to the share and the console machine needs read access. When specifying share permissions for a machine, you must append a ”$” to the end of the machine name.

In some configurations additional users may need to be granted access to the download directory. If you specify machine or machine group credentials for machines that download patches from a distribution server, the specified user accounts will require read access to the download directory share.

Making the download directory share readable by everyone may or may not be an effective strategy. It depends on:

• Whether the credential users and the download directory host belong to the same (or trusted) domain(s)
          • The specifics of the local security policy

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: Patch Download Error
            brett.carl Rookie

Charles,

That did the trick, now I have run into a new problem. When I ran the job to download patches, I get the following error:

Error.PNG

Is this still a permissions issue?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Patch Download Error
              brett.carl Rookie

Charles,

Just re-ran the patch downloads job, now it seems to be good:

Patches.PNG

• 4. Re: Patch Download Error
                cwinning CommunityTeam

Glad it's working Brett.  Let use know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Charles