5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2016 8:12 AM by cwinning

patch for .NET in german

UweGabbert Rookie

The language of My System is german. The language od all machines are german.

I have deployd a update for .NET Framework. Now is the Framework on all machines in english. How can I reinstall (a new Update) for the Framework in german?

What can i do for the next updates, that the language is only germen?

Thanks. Uwe

• 1. Re: patch for .NET in german
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

It's my understanding .Net installer is the same for all languages, it's the language packs that allow for other languages other than English.  A normal .net update wouldn't cause any languages issues, but installing a new version of .Net would require a new language pack install.

What exactly was updated?

Which patch?

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: patch for .NET in german
            UweGabbert Rookie

Hello,

I have a new install of shavlik protect at the August 2016. After the patchday I have all missing Patches enabled to deply (inclusive .NET)

After this, the framework on my machines is in english, not german.

How can I force for the .NET 4.6.2 Patch in Oktober a new rollout in german?

Uwe

• 3. Re: patch for .NET in german
              cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

"After the patchday I have all missing Patches enabled to deply (inclusive .NET)"

Does this include Software Distribution?

Thanks,

Charles

• 4. Re: patch for .NET in german
                UweGabbert Rookie

Softwaredistribution is not used.

• 5. Re: patch for .NET in german
                  cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

This is what happened:

.Net Framework 4.6.1 with the German Language Pack for .Net Framework 4.6.1 was installed on your server.

We added support for .Net Framework 4.6.2 (October 18th) and .Net Framework 4.6.2 was installed on the server.

Upgrading from .Net Framework 4.61 to 4.6.2 caused the German Language Pack become invalid for the version of .Net Framework installed.

Judging from information on the MS download page, the Language Pack needs to be installed after the upgrade between versions.

From the Microsoft site:  The .NET Framework 4.6.2 Language Pack contains translated error messages and other UI text for languages other than English. If you don't install a language pack, this text is displayed in English. You can install multiple language packs on one computer, each for a different language. You need to download and install the .NET Framework 4.6.2 (offline installer) prior to installing the language packs.

We currently do not support the .Net Framework Language Packs so the only fix for this would be to manually install them on these servers.

You can request support through this form:  Submit A Feature Request

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Charles