1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 14, 2016 2:59 PM by rdavidson

Certain updates fail installing

fixitben Rookie

HI

I was checking on the deployment status of some updates and noticed filezilla and 7zip and maybe others aren’t getting pushed out. Adobe is installing fine and VLC are too.

The error I get for around 100 clients is “The Subject is not Trusted for the specified action”. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

On a couple machines I am getting the error “A certificate Chain Processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provided”.

Our code sign cert is from the CA server not a self-signed one.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Certain updates fail installing
          rdavidson SupportEmployee

If it only occurs for some updates, but others install, it's unlikely to be an issue with your code signing cert.

I've seen the error: "The Subject is not Trusted for the specified action" when a machine's root certificates are out of date, and the machine doesn't trust the installer. Root certs are usually updated via Windows Update/WSUS when updates are installed.

Aside from that, you'll want to ensure your code signing cert is in Trusted Publishers, and Trusted Root Certification Authorities, for the Computer Account. If the certificate was issued from another root certificate, that root certificate needs to be under Trusted Root Certification Authorities on the client, rather than the code signing cert, to ensure the chain is seen as valid.