4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 7:37 AM by torato

Bypassing Download Failures? (Google Chrome Enterprise as Example)

JimmyKumbaya Rookie

Greetings.

For whatever reason, our proxy is configured such that attempting to download Google Chrome Enterprise (specifically, GoogleChromeStandaloneEnterprise5302785143_x64.msi) with Protect gets to around 99%, shows complete, but never stores the file and throws exceptions like:

2016-10-13T12:35:35.5992224Z 0018 E ChartController.cs:304|System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

I assume there's no workaround to the authentication issue, since it's self-inflicted. But assume I can work around the proxy manually, how do I know the full URL Protect is trying to access? I don't see that information in the log. As I indicated above, I know the exact filename, but not the full name of the Google host Protect's downloading from ... Since this happens routinely, I'd be obliged if someone could tell me how to tell (in general), in addition to this specific instance.

Thanks for any help,

Jim