1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 7:44 AM by cwinning

Agent Check-in vs Last Patch Scan

Rookie

So I've been having a small issue with my Shavlik Agents not checking in and downloading the XML, so when they run their "Patch Scan" they don't see that any updates are needed.  So the Patch Scan date in the logs is recent but the "Agent Check-In" date can sometimes be VERY old.  I was looking to see where the scheduling of the Agent Check in happens.  I have the agent policy check in interval to run every 120 minutes so I would assume the agents would be checking in randomly every 2 hours but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've pretty much redeployed agents to those machines that had the old check in dates so they should be up to date, but I'm just hoping to prevent this from happening in the future.

The machines are online and connected to the internet, and our Shavlik Server is available on our internal and external network for check in. 

If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

I am running Shavlik Protect Standard 9.2.0 Build 5119

• 1. Re: Agent Check-in vs Last Patch Scan
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

Where are you verifying the XML date used during for the scan?  From the Agent UI or View > Machines?

Are your agents set to check into a Distribution Server or the internet for content XML updates?  It's possible the frequency of you content XML downloads and Distribution Server syncing isn't frequent enough.

Are these agents set to connect directly to the Protect server or through the Cloud?

There are a lot of variables here so it's going to take time to go through them all.  Sometimes it's faster to contact support and setup a WebEx to take a look first hand.

Thanks,

Charles