2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 11:45 PM by ManuelMosca

3 months schedule

ManuelMosca Rookie

Hi all, in our company we have a patch cycle that lasts 3 months. We are looking for a solution for automatic patch deployment. We have different environments (TEST, PREPROD, PROD) and usually we approve a set of patches and we need several weeks to patch all the machines. As I've understood the product will update his patchlist every day and there is not some update approval process (like WSUS) so if I deploy update today on a windwos server in test environment and next month I will do the update on the equivalent porduction machine the update will not be the same, the prod machine will receive new patch tuesday updates.

There is a way to schedule the update catalog sync of shavlik protect?

Regards

Manuel

• 1. Re: 3 months schedule
          cwinning CommunityTeam

Hello,

The only way to control which patches are scanned\deployed is through customized Scan Templates and\or Patch Groups.  Judging from your post, a combination of a Scan Template and Patch Group would advisable, the caveat is you would need to add new patches to the Patch Group once you have approved them.  How To:  Include or Exclude Specific Patches in Scan Results

A non-tested option would be to disable the Auto-Update Definitions under Tools to prevent Scan from looking for new data when they run.  You could then go to Tools > Operations > Downloads > Scheduled Automatic Downloads and schedule the Core Engines/Definitions to update the content for Protect.  I wouldn't recommend this option since the data could be updated through other actions and cause patches to be installed outside of your control.

Thanks,

Charles

• 2. Re: 3 months schedule
            ManuelMosca Rookie

Thanks for your explanation, this is what I need

Regards

Manuel