1 of 1 people found this helpful
I haven't been able to write official instructions, but this should work:
How to download content data files and patches using the download PowerShell script:
The ability to use this script to download patches is only available in Shavlik Protect 9.2.5119 or later.
You can confirm the version in Help > About Shavlik. The installer can be found here: http://www.shavlik.com/support/protect/downloads/
In order to use the PowerShell script, the internet-connected machine must contain the following:
- Windows PowerShell 4.0 or later
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or later
- 7-Zip installed: www.7-zip.org/download.html
- The PowerShell script DownloadProtectData.ps1: Download from here
How to create the list of patches to download:
- Scan machines on your disconnected network.
- View the scan results after the scan completes. View > Results
- Right-click on the Patch Missing in the middle pane and choose Export Download Package…
- You can also choose specific patches using the CTRL-Click method after expanding the missing patches list.
4. Give the .CSV a name and save to your desktop.
5. Move this .CSV file to the folder that contains the DownloadProtectData.ps1 file.
To use the PowerShell script:
- Create a folder on the internet connected machine on C:\
- Save the DownloadProtectData.zip file to this folder.
- Extract the PowerShell script (DownloadProtectData.ps1).
- Open a Windows Command Prompt with Run as administrator privileges.
- Change to the directory that contains the PowerShell script.
- Read Disclaimer.txt.
- Start PowerShell by typing ‘PowerShell’.
- Use the PowerShell script to download the desired files.
- In this example, a folder was created here: C:\ProtectDATA.
- We will be downloading Protect 9.2 content data.
- The export port patch list is called Patches.csv located in C:\ProtectDATA
This is the command:
.\DownloadProtectData.ps1 "C:\ProtectDATA" 92 "C:\Program Files\7-Zip" "C:\ProtectDATA\Patches.csv"
- The content data files will be located here: C:\ProtectDATA\DataFiles
- These need to be moved to the C:\ProgramData\LANDESK\Shavlik Protect\Console\DataFiles
- The patches will be located here: C:\ProtectDATA\Patches
- These need to be moved to theC:\ProgramData\LANDESK\Shavlik Protect\Console\Patches (default location shown, make sure to place them in your Patch folder location)
If you receive an error stating “execution of scripts is disabled on this system” or “Cannot find Help for topic .\DownloadProtectData.ps1”, you can enable execution by typing: set-executionpolicy RemoteSigned