5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2016 11:28 AM by chrisgoettl

APi Automation Update?

btanner Rookie

chrisgoettl, Hi Chris, can you give the community an update on any potential release of the API release for use in automation workflows?

• 1. Re: APi Automation Update?
          chrisgoettl SupportEmployee

btanner,

The API feature set will be coming in our next Protect release.  Did you get on my Focus Group list for the API?  We did a demo about a month ago showing what we had done so far and I plan to do another here soon.  I expect we will have a fairly in depth demo to run by the Microsoft Ignite show and we are targeting beta around the VMworld show later this year. 

Regards,

Chris Goettl 

• 2. Re: APi Automation Update?
            btanner Rookie

How do I get on the Focus Group list for the API?  Will you be at VMworld so we can see more around the API and a demo there?  Thank you.

• 3. Re: APi Automation Update?

btanner,

I can get you on the list for the API Focus Group.  Also, we will be at VMworld.  You can sign up for a one on one meeting at the show where we will be doing demos (some live, some pre-recorded) using the 9.3 APIs in vRealize, Chef, or using powershell.  We will be showing examples of cluster patching, tiered application patching, and answering questions in general.  Sign up and you get a $25 gift card as well!  For all of you planning to stop by and see is at VMworld anyway, this is an added bonus. Hope to see you there!

Regards,

Chris Goettl

• 4. Re: APi Automation Update?
                btanner Rookie

Hi chris, Thank you.  Can I get info on the API Focus Group as we would love to start beta testing the 9.3 APIs as soon as possible.  Also, can you send me the link or email of whom to work with to get signed up for a one on one meeting at VMworld?  We definitely want to see a demo.

• 5. Re: APi Automation Update?

btanner,

Sorry, I thought I included this before, but I didn't.  http://info.shavlik.com/082816-VMworld-Appointment_Request.html

I do have you on my API Focus Group list.  I will be sending an invite out for later in August to do another milestone demo showing the API capabilities for Machine Group, Patch Group, and Credentials.  I just got a notice from our Ops Team that they have my vRealize environment created so I need to spend some time learning and configuring that environment for another demonstration in time for the VMworld show. 

Chris